Make garlic bread in air fryer that’s not frozen! To make air fryer garlic bread, remove it from its foil package, and air fry for 4-6 minutes at 400F (200C). Make sure to cut a piece that fits into the air fryer basket, and air fry garlic bread butter side up. Delicious storebought garlic bread is pure comfort food with golden brown crisp edges and a buttery, garlicky, pillowy center you’ll love!
- 🧄 How to Make Air Fryer Garlic Bread
- ➕ Air Fryer Garlic Bread Cook Time and Temp
- 🔥 Reheat Garlic Bread in Air Fryer
- 🥖 Frozen Garlic Bread in Air Fryer
- 🍝 What goes with garlic bread?
- 📖 Recipe
- 💭 Expert Tips from a Dietitian
- ❓ What can you do with garlic bread leftovers?
- 👩🍳 More Easy Air Fryer Recipes
- 💬 Comments
🧄 How to Make Air Fryer Garlic Bread
Here are the step-by-step instructions for how to cook store bought garlic bread in air fryer:
- To make foil wrapped garlic bread in air fryer, begin by taking the bread out of its packaging. Though you can make garlic bread in air fryer with tin foil (if the package is oven safe), it’s much faster to air fry it without it.
- Open the garlic bread halves and spread the garlic butter mixture evenly over the cut surface of the bread with a butter knife. Cut each half of the garlic baguette into two pieces (or smaller if needed to fit your air fryer).
- Place one piece of storebought garlic bread in the air fryer basket, and air fry at 400F (200C) for 4-6 minutes. Make sure to place the bread butter side up, and you don’t need to preheat the air fryer. Serve warm and enjoy!
Get a printable recipe card below!
You can make air fried garlic bread in a Philips air fryer, Ninja Foodi, Emeril airfryer, Breville, or another air fryer, but you may need to adjust the cooking time. If you have a large air fryer oven, you may be able to fit more than one piece of garlic bread at a time. Make sure to keep the bread in a single layer, and don’t overcrowd it for more even cooking.
Sometimes I make homemade garlic bread with spelt sourdough starter, but the above recipe is the fast and easier way. There are no dishes to clean, and no messing with ingredients like fresh garlic cloves or garlic powder. Plus, you can always add a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese, cheddar, mozzarella, or fresh parsley to give it a homemade touch.
➕ Air Fryer Garlic Bread Cook Time and Temp
How long do you cook garlic bread in the air fryer? What temperature to cook garlic bread in air fryer? Air fry garlic bread without cheese for a total of 4-6 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit (200C).
🔥 Reheat Garlic Bread in Air Fryer
What temperature do you reheat garlic bread in an air fryer? Reheat garlic bread in an air fryer (no foil) at 375 degrees Fahrenheit (190C) until heated and crisped to your liking (about 2-3 minutes). Alternatively, try wrap it in foil and bake in a 350F (177C) oven for 10-15 minutes.
That said, though you can technically keep leftover garlic bread in an airtight container in the refrigerator for a day or two, make it fresh for the best texture and flavor.
🥖 Frozen Garlic Bread in Air Fryer
If you want to air fry frozen garlic bread, such as Texas Toast, no problem! Air fryer frozen garlic bread slices takes about 6-8 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit (177C). Flip your garlic toast in air fryer halfway through the cooking time.
🍝 What goes with garlic bread?
IMVHO, the best way to use garlic bread is as a side dish to pasta dishes like clams in white wine sauce. You can also serve this air fryer garlic bread recipe with a variety of soups, stews, and casseroles, or enjoy it as a quick snack. Here are some more Italian-inspired and Italian recipes to make it a meal:
- Air Fryer Eggplant Parm
- Frozen Meatballs in Air Fryer with Air Fryer Spaghetti Squash (and tomato sauce)
- Air Fryer Sausage and Peppers
- Low Calorie Lasagna for Weight Loss
- Tempeh Bolognese
- Air Fryer Turkey Meatballs (add zucchini noodles and sauce)
Watch How to Make It!
Garlic Bread in Air Fryer (Not Frozen, Foil Package)
- 1 package garlic bread (from bakery)
- Take garlic bread out of the foil packaging. Open the bread halves and spread the garlic butter mixture evenly over the cut surface of the bread with a butter knife. Cut each half of the garlic baguette into two pieces (or smaller if needed to fit your air fryer).
- Place one piece of the storebought garlic bread in the air fryer basket, and air fry at 400°F (200°C) for 4-6 minutes. Make sure to place the bread butter side up, and you don’t need to preheat the air fryer. Air fry the rest of the pieces, serve warm and enjoy!
💭 Expert Tips from a DietitianThis is a level 3 recipe (weight maintenance and active lifestyles). The calories in garlic bread largely come from fat and carbohydrate, with minimal protein and fiber. In short, garlic bread lacks the elements that helps foods feel filling (i.e., protein, fiber, water). Let me tell you, I could very easily eat half a loaf of garlic bread alongside my entrée! I doubt I’m alone in this. Have you ever been shocked at how many servings a loaf of bread, box of sugary cereal, or box of cookies lists? Many of us can easily overeat these ultra-processed foods. I don’t make them an everyday part of my diet, but thoroughly enjoy them guilt-free to satisfy an occasional craving. Nutrition information is for one serving but varies depending on the brand of garlic bread and your portion size.
nutrition info disclaimer
All recipes on this website may or may not be appropriate for you, depending on your medical needs and personal preferences. Consult with a registered dietitian or your physician if you need help determining the dietary pattern that may be best for you.
The nutrition information is an estimate provided as a courtesy. It will differ depending on the specific brands and ingredients that you use. Calorie information on food labels may be inaccurate, so please don't sweat the numbers too much.
❓ What can you do with garlic bread leftovers?
Dry garlic bread leftovers and make croutons or bread crumbs. Repurpose your leftover bread to make panzanella. Or, if it’s not too stale, you could use it to make garlic bread pizza.
👩🍳 More Easy Air Fryer Recipes
Now that you learned how to make garlic bread in air fryer, why not try these easy recipes next:
- Frozen Cauliflower Crust Pizza in Air Fryer
- Chicken Nuggets in Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Popcorn
- Healthy Frozen Hash Browns in Air Fryer
Hello! I'm Summer, a registered dietitian and home chef who loves to cook, eat, and create high quality content for you! Every recipe on this site has been tested by me to help ensure your success in the kitchen. All eaters are welcome here 🙂