Learn how to make air fryer stir fry! This stir fry in air fryer recipe is the easiest way to make stir fry ever! This 3-ingredient stir fry cooks in 20 minutes or less, with no wok or stirring required. Get the secret for air fryer stir fry vegetables that come out perfectly tender crisp every time. You can make this recipe with chicken, beef, shrimp, pork, or tofu!
Today, my friends, I present to you the easiest stir fry air fryer recipe you’ve ever seen. In fact, if you use leftover cooked meat or seafood, you can make this in only 3 minutes! Think of the possibilities...
- Use leftover Air Fryer Marinated Chicken pieces to make Air Fryer Chicken Stir Fry
- Try some Air Fryer Rib Eye Steak strips for a Beef Stir Fry in Air Fryer Recipe
- Cook some Frozen Shrimp in Air Fryer and add them to Stir Fry Veggies in Air Fryer
- Or go the plant protein route by adding this Air Fryer Crispy Tofu
I’m going to show you how to make air fryer pork stir fry with raw pork tenderloin. You could also use leftover cooked pork to save time.
And, yes, you can make this on the stove if you’d prefer, but why would you want to? Once you get the food in the air fryer, you can work on other parts of the meal.
This may not be the most authentic stir fry recipe around, but it’s fast, easy, and good.
- ⭐ Benefits of Making Stir Fry in Air Fryer
- 🥘 Air Fryer Stir Fry Ingredients
- 🍽 Equipment
- 🔪 How to Make Air Fryer Stir Fry
- ️⏲️ Cooking Time and Temperature
- 🌡️ Leftovers
- 😋 What to Serve with Air Fryer Stir Fry
- 📋 Calories, Net Carbs, Protein
- 💭 Expert Tips from a Dietitian
- 👩🏻🍳 Other Stir Fry Recipes
- 👨🏾🍳 More Air Fryer Recipes
- The Disclaimer…
- 📖 Recipe
- 💬 Comments
⭐ Benefits of Making Stir Fry in Air Fryer
Why is this the best air fryer stir fry? Here are some reasons you’ll love this air fryer recipe:
- Easy: This recipe is so easy because you can make a stir fry without stirring! (Is stirless stir fry a thing? Now it is!) With this hands-off recipe, you won’t be busy tending a wok on the stovetop.
- Prebiotics: We decrease the probiotic benefits of the fermented veggies in this recipe with heating. However, we still get plenty of prebiotic fiber that’s good for gut health.
- Lean protein: This stir fry adds flavor to your favorite lean proteins and turns it into a meal. We’re getting that winning combination of protein and non-starchy veggies that helps keep us full.
- Gluten free: As long as no gluten-containing seasonings are added, this is a gluten free air fryer stir fry. It's also Paleo, low carb, and whole30 friendly.
- Versatile: As discussed above, you don’t have to make this recipe with pork. Make chicken stir fry in air fryer, vegetarian air fryer stir fry, or whatever fits your preferences.
- Delicious: The kimchi in this recipe provides a variety of textures, flavors, and some heat. The result is a dish that is extremely tasty but very low effort!
🥘 Air Fryer Stir Fry Ingredients
Here’s what you need to make my easy recipe:
- 1 lb. raw pork tenderloin (454 grams)
- 1½ tablespoons avocado oil or other oil of choice (and you can skip the oil if you use a fattier cut of pork than tenderloin)
- 14 ounces kimchi (397 grams)
I recommend finding a seasoned pork tenderloin to add more flavor without a marinade. I used Smithfield’s roasted garlic and cracked black pepper pork tenderloin here. Yum!
Kimchi is a dish of fermented napa cabbage and other veggies that are heavily salted. The kimchi here provides a lot of flavor, so make sure to use a brand you like. Since it is so salty, you shouldn’t add additional salt to this recipe.
Classic kimchi is often very spicy hot from the gochugaru. You can purchase mild kimchi instead, but it lacks the color and flavor of spicy kimchi. If you purchase mild kimchi and decide it’s too bland, sprinkle red pepper flakes on your finished stir fry to spice things up.
To make stir fry in an air fryer, you need these pieces of kitchen equipment:
- Air fryer
- A good knife
- Meat thermometer
- Parchment paper
- 8-inch x 8-inch aluminum pan (20x20 cm)
I developed this air fryer recipe with a 10-Quart Kalorik Digital Air Fryer Oven. You may be able to use your Ninja Foodi, Philips, Nuwave, Pampered Chef, Actifry, Instant Pot Vortex, Cosori, Breville, or another air fryer instead. However, the pan we’re using to cook the stir fry needs to be able to fit in your air fryer.
If you have a small air fryer basket, try using a smaller metal pan and air frying stir fry in batches. Also, keep in mind that different air fryer brands cook differently. Check the food early the first time you try any new air fryer recipe to prevent overcooking.
🔪 How to Make Air Fryer Stir Fry
Let’s stir fry in the air fryer! Begin by cutting the pork tenderloin into ⅛-¼ inch strips. You want them to be very thin so they cook fast.
Preheat the air fryer to 375F (191C) for 5 minutes. Mix the pork and oil together in a bowl. Spread the pork strips out on two heated air fryer oven trays.
Cook one tray at a time in the air fryer, using the top rack position. Air fry for 4 minutes at 375F (191C), then flip the meat pieces and air fry 2-3 more minutes. Don’t try to get the pork very brown and crisp; it will dry out on you because it’s so lean.
The minimum safe internal temperature for pork is 145F (63C). You can check the pork strips to ensure they’re thoroughly cooked. Air fry the second tray when the first is done.
While the pork cooks, chop the kimchi into bite-size pieces. Line an aluminum baking pan with parchment paper. Place the kimchi (including any juice from the bottom of the jar) in the pan.
Add the cooked pork strips to the kimchi in the pan and stir gently. Put the pan on a rack in the middle of the air fryer.
️⏲️ Cooking Time and Temperature
How long to cook stir fry in air fryer? What temperature to air fry stir fry? Air fry for 3 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit (200C).
Kimchi is the perfect air fryer stir fry veggie, as it is tender crisp with no sogginess. After heating the meat and veggie stir fry mixture, it’s ready to serve. That’s all there is to it!
If you’re using leftover cooked chicken, beef, turkey, shrimp, etc. just mix with kimchi and air fry 3 minutes. (It’s such an easy way to use up leftovers!) This stir fry is not saucy but it’s full of flavor.
Leftover air fryer stir fry can be stored in a covered container in the fridge for up to 3-4 days. To reheat air fryer stir fry, cover with a paper towel and microwave on high for 2-3 minutes.
You can also freeze air fryer stir fry in a food-safe container. Freeze the stir fry and rice separately. Put in the fridge for 24-48 hours to thaw before reheating.
😋 What to Serve with Air Fryer Stir Fry
What sides go with stir fry? I usually serve this with basmati rice. (I cook ¼-cup dry rice per person.)
Here are some of the best side dishes for stir fry:
- White rice
- Brown rice
- Wild rice
- Cauliflower rice
- Rice noodles
- Fresh vegetable salad
📋 Calories, Net Carbs, Protein
One serving of this recipe has 268 calories, 6.4 grams net carbs, and 33 grams protein. This is for a serving of stir fry vegetables and meat without rice (or other grains).
💭 Expert Tips from a Dietitian
This is a level 1 recipe (may help support fat loss). This recipe is high-protein, low-calorie, and high in filling volume from the veggies. If you want a low-carb and lower-calorie dish, serve with riced cauliflower instead of rice.
I’d consider this dish a healthy and nutritious choice if you are NOT on a low sodium diet. That’s because fermented veggies are not generally the best option for those on low-sodium diets.
To make low sodium air fryer stir fry, try making your own salt-free kimchi and using unseasoned pork. You can use your favorite herbs or salt free seasonings on the pork to add flavor.
The stir fry by itself is under 300 calories, which is not enough for most people for a meal. You’re going to want to add side dishes to this, including maybe some whole grains. I also like to serve this simple veggie salad with stir fry (makes one serving):
- 10 halved grape tomatoes
- 1.5 chopped Persian cucumbers
- 1.5 tablespoons rice vinegar
Simply stir everything together and put it in the fridge until dinner time. This gives the vegetables time to macerate in the vinegar. Enjoy!
Yes, you can cook veggies and meat together in the air fryer! Start air frying the meat first. After it’s partially cooked, add the vegetables. That way, everything will come to a safe temperature and finish cooking at the same time.
This stir fry is a naturally very low carb dish, with only 6.4g net carbs per serving. To make keto stir fry, serve it over cauliflower rice instead of white rice or another grain.
To make vegan air fryer stir fry, use your favorite flavored tofu and vegan kimchi vegetables. Most authentic kimchi recipes contain fish sauce, so try making your own with this vegan kimchi recipe instead.
Yes, you can make a package of frozen stir fry vegetables in the air fryer. Use these directions for Air Fryer Frozen Vegetables, and they should come out perfectly every time.
👩🏻🍳 Other Stir Fry Recipes
Looking for more recipes for stir fry? Here's what to try next:
👨🏾🍳 More Air Fryer Recipes
Are you obsessed with air frying? Me too! Here are a ton of ideas for foods to make in the air fryer:
- Best Frozen Foods for Air Fryer
- Best Air Fryer Indian Recipes
- Air Fryer Frozen Vegetables (no more mushy frozen broccoli!)
- Air Fryer Recipes for Beginners
All recipes on this website may or may not be appropriate for you, depending on your medical needs and personal preferences. Consult with a registered dietitian or your physician if you need help determining the dietary pattern that may be best for you.
The nutrition information is an estimate provided as a courtesy. It will differ depending on the specific brands and ingredients that you use. Calorie information on food labels may be wildly inaccurate, so please don't sweat the numbers too much.
For more information on how the three recipe levels may help with a weight management goal, refer to my overnight oats no sugar post. Let's get cooking!
Air Fryer Stir Fry Recipe
- Slice the pork tenderloin into ⅛-¼ inch strips. You want them to be very thin so they cook fast.
- Preheat the air fryer to 375°F (191°C) for 5 minutes. Mix the pork and oil together in a bowl. Spread the pork strips out on two heated air fryer oven trays.
- Cook one tray at a time in the air fryer, using the top rack position. Air fry for 4 minutes at 375°F (191°C), then flip the meat pieces and air fry 2-3 more minutes.
- The minimum safe internal temperature for pork is 145°F (63°C). You can check the pork strips to ensure they’re thoroughly cooked. Air fry the second tray when the first is done.
- While the pork cooks, chop the kimchi into bite-size pieces. Line an aluminum baking pan with parchment paper. Place the kimchi (including any juice from the bottom of the jar) in the pan.
- Add the cooked pork strips to the kimchi in the pan and stir gently. Put the pan on a rack in the middle of the air fryer. (If you're using leftover cooked meat, chicken, or tofu in place of the pork tenderloin, add them in here. No need to cook them again first!)
- Air fry for 3 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit (200°C).
- Serve the stir fry over cooked rice or riced cauliflower. Yum!
- 10 halved grape tomatoes
- 1.5 chopped Persian cucumbers
- 1.5 tablespoons rice vinegar