Learn to make Ninja Foodi frittata! This Ninja Foodi crustless quiche recipe bakes in only 10 minutes! Get step-by-step directions for this Ninja Foodi breakfast frittata that’s gluten free. This Ninja Foodi frittata recipe is a favorite for cheese lovers on busy weekday mornings. Make it ahead of time and all you need to do is reheat it and eat it!
Have you ever tried making frittata in the Ninja Foodi? If not, perhaps today is the day, my friends.
This frittata has cheesy roasted corn and an optional topping of buttery Cajun shrimp for a mouthwatering breakfast that puts sugary cereals to shame. You can make this frittata vegetarian or pescatarian, your choice.
And if you aren’t into seafood, I have plenty of other ideas for frittata add-ins. The sky is truly the limit with this one.
I must warn you though, this recipe is for serious cheese lovers only. There is a mildly obscene amount of cheese in this frittata. If you’re the type of person that eats frittata for the cheese, this recipe is for you.
For a less cheesy option, you may prefer this Crustless Keto Mini Quiche instead. You can make it using the air fryer crisper lid of your Ninja Foodi or in the oven.
For everyone else, let’s dig into this amazingly delicious Ninja Foodi frittata!
- ⭐ Frittata in Ninja Foodi Benefits
- 🥘 Frittata (Ninja Foodi) Ingredients
- 😋 Stuffing Frittata Ideas
- 🔪 How to Make Egg Frittata in Ninja Foodi
- ⏲️ Ninja Foodi Cooking Time and Temperature
- 🔥 Frittata Oven Directions
- 🌡️ Leftover Frittata
- 😋 What goes with frittata?
- 📋 Calories, Net Carbs, Protein
- 💭 Expert Tips from a Dietitian
- 👨🏾🍳 Other Ninja Foodi Breakfast Recipes
- The Disclaimer…
- 📖 Recipe
⭐ Frittata in Ninja Foodi Benefits
Why make this frittata Ninja Foodi recipe? Here are some benefits of this frittata:
- Choline: Eggs are one of the best natural food sources of choline, especially if you don't eat beef liver. Choline is an essential nutrient, and deficiency can cause damage to your liver and muscles. It’s tough to get enough choline without consuming animal-based foods, though possible if you eat a lot of soy.
- High-quality protein: The eggs and cheese here are both vegetarian sources of high-quality protein. One large egg has only 70 calories and approximately 6 grams of protein, with no added sugar.
- Saves money: Eggs tend to be cheaper than meat. In addition, you can use leftover veggies, meat, and cheese in frittatas to help reduce food waste. Making full use of the foods in your fridge can help lower your grocery bill.
- Perfect for meal prep: Make this frittata on Sunday, and you’ll have breakfast covered for the next 3-4 days. Frittatas are a great option for a healthy breakfast meal prep.
- Quick and easy: Clean-up is easy with the Ninja Foodi, because ingredients don’t stick to the pot. This frittata bakes in the Foodi in only 10 minutes.
- Delicious: This cheesy frittata is a comfort food that packs in a lot of nutrition. It’s great for family breakfast, dinner, or even a hearty snack!
🥘 Frittata (Ninja Foodi) Ingredients
To make frittata in a Ninja Foodi, here is your shopping list:
- Large eggs
- Red onion
- Frozen roasted corn
- Smoked cheese
Get specific quantities of all ingredients in the recipe card at the bottom of the post! You only need 5 ingredients to make the basic frittata. (I also chose to garnish with chives, which is optional.)
Smoked cheese is usually sold in the specialty cheese section of grocery stores, not the dairy aisle. You can use smoked cheddar, smoked Maasdam cheese (a Swiss-style Dutch cheese), or another variety. The flavor of these cheeses is fantastic and well worth seeking out!
When I’m feeling fancy, I make a seafood topping for this frittata with the following:
- Raw, tail-on peeled shrimp
- Cajun seasoning
These additional ingredients really give the frittata a shrimp and grits vibe. So good!
Keep in mind that Cajun seasonings vary greatly in heat and ingredients. Choose one that contains no added sugars and adjust the amount based on how much spice you like.
Tip! It’s important not to double this recipe, as it may not cook properly.
You also need a good knife, a spatula, and a Ninja Foodi for this recipe. I use a Ninja Foodi Deluxe XL 8-quart with a ceramic-coated pot and an air fryer crisping lid (AKA tendercrisp lid). We’re not air frying in this recipe, but you need this lid for the baking and roasting function.
My ceramic pot is about 9½ inches in diameter (24 cm). If your pot is larger or smaller, just make sure the level of the ingredients hits 3-4 cups on the markings inside the pot. This will help ensure consistent cooking results.
😋 Stuffing Frittata Ideas
If you don’t like corn and onions, there are lots and lots of other ingredients to add to a frittata! For example, you could make a Spanish omelette style frittata with cooked, diced potatoes. Here are some other foods to add to cheese frittata:
- Air Fryer Turkey Bacon (crumbled)
- Italian Fennel Sausage (cooked and crumbled)
- Air Fryer Taco Meat
- Other Veggies (e.g., green onions, bell peppers, spinach, kale, sundried tomatoes, cauliflower rice, garlic)
- Other Seasonings (e.g., Italian seasoning, chili powder, Mexican seasoning, curry powder)
- Fresh herbs (e.g., parsley, cilantro, basil)
- Other cheeses (e.g., feta, pepper jack, gouda)
Watery veggies or mushrooms can make the frittata runny. Make sure to cook off the liquid before adding the eggs and cheese. Aim to keep the volume of the frittata at about 3-4 cups regardless of your mix-ins.
🔪 How to Make Egg Frittata in Ninja Foodi
To make a Ninja Foodi egg frittata, cut the onion into quarters, and then slice it thin. Shred the cheese.
Melt the butter in a Ninja Foodi set on saute. Add the onions and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently. You are not looking to brown them, just soften them.
Add in the frozen corn towards the end of the onion cooking time to thaw it out.
Stir the eggs and cheese together in a medium bowl. Shut off the Foodi. Pour the egg and cheese mixture over the veggies, spreading it with the back of a spoon into an even layer.
The mixture should reach the 3-4 cup mark inside the pot.
You don’t need to stir the eggs together with the vegetables. The cheesy egg mixture sinks as it cooks and “grabs” the veggies.
Now it’s time to cook!
⏲️ Ninja Foodi Cooking Time and Temperature
How long to cook frittata in the Ninja Foodi? What temperature to cook frittata in Ninja Foodi? Frittata takes 9-10 minutes on the “bake/roast” setting at 350 degrees Fahrenheit (177C). (Feel free to check on it after 6 minutes if you’re worried about overcooking it.)
Remember to use the ceramic-coated interior pot and the crisper lid for this recipe. When the frittata is done, it should pull away from the sides of the pot. The middle of the cooked frittata should be solid.
While the frittata bakes, you can brown some butter on the stovetop in a skillet. Cook shrimp seasoned with Cajun spice in the browned butter, and use as an optional topping on the frittata.
After cooling several minutes, you can carefully cut frittata slices and lift them out of the pot. Do not try to remove the entire frittata from the pot at once unless it has been chilled. The melty cheese makes the frittata too soft when warm to remove in one piece.
I find it’s easiest to cut the frittata after chilling in the fridge. Then I reheat individual pieces in the microwave. It’s best to cook the shrimp freshly (right before serving) if you’ll be using it as a topping.
🔥 Frittata Oven Directions
You can also make this frittata in an oven if you don’t have a Ninja Foodi. Preheat oven to 350F (175C). Spray a 9-inch (22.9 cm) glass pie plate with cooking spray.
Slice the onion and shred the cheese. Soften the onion in butter on the stovetop in a skillet. Add corn to the hot pan towards the end of cooking to thaw.
Mix the eggs, cheese, and cooked veggies together in a large bowl. Pour the mixture into the prepared pie pan. Spread the mixture out evenly with the back of a spoon.
Bake the frittata on a rack ⅓ down from the top of the oven for 30 minutes. While it bakes, you can prepare the optional seafood topping as described above (if you wish).
🌡️ Leftover Frittata
Leftover frittata keeps in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. Reheat crustless quiche in the microwave on high for 1-2 minutes. Do not top with shrimp until right before serving.
Leftover frittata slices also freeze well. Allow the frittata to thaw in the fridge before reheating and serving.
😋 What goes with frittata?
Wondering what to serve with frittata? Here are a few of my favorite side dishes for frittata:
- Air Fryer Toast
- Frozen Waffles in Air Fryer (or pancakes)
- Kodiak Cakes Blueberry Muffins
- Instant Pot Almond Milk Yogurt
- Fresh Fruit
📋 Calories, Net Carbs, Protein
One serving of Ninja Foodi frittata has 305 calories, 9.3 grams net carbs, and 18.3 grams protein. Nutrition information is for one-sixth of the frittata without the optional topping.
💭 Expert Tips from a Dietitian
This is a level 1 recipe (may help support fat loss). This frittata offers a nice balance of healthy fats, protein, and carbs (from the corn). You’ll get the energy you need to carry you through to lunch. It is pretty darn delicious too, if I do say so myself.
If you tend to get the mid-morning munchies, it might be a good idea to take a closer look at breakfast. In the US, many of us eat a low protein meal in the morning. This might look like a sugary breakfast cereal, muffins, waffles, bagels, or a donut.
Many of the most popular breakfast options don’t provide enough protein to help you feel full until lunch. The eggs and cheese in frittata are a great choice for adding some filling protein. Frittatas are also an excellent way to add some vegetables to breakfast.
If you make this easy frittata recipe ahead, you can reheat it in about the same amount of time it takes to pour a bowl of cereal. A little forethought and meal planning can go a long way in helping you meet your health goals.
I like to add a side of fruit to this frittata. If you have higher energy needs, consider adding some whole grain toast as well. (Or you can just have seconds of the frittata. Yum!)
If you cut this frittata recipe while still warm, and flip a slice over on itself, you basically have an omelet! When I don’t have the patience to let the frittata chill, I sometimes serve it this way instead.
For the best texture, I recommend letting your letting the frittata defrost in the fridge before reheating. To air fry frozen frittata, place a frittata slice in a small pan and air fry at 250F (120C) for 15-20 minutes. Check on the frittata every few minutes to ensure it doesn’t overcook.
The Spruce Eats has a highly-rated Instant Pot frittata that could also be made using the pressure cooker function on a Ninja Foodi. Please note that the total cooking time is much longer than this Ninja Foodi frittata.
To make this a vegan Ninja Foodi frittata recipe, you will need to use vegan butter, Just Eggs, and vegan cheese. Aside from these swaps costing a lot more, they’ll also introduce a lot of ultra-processed food into your frittata.
At under 10 grams of net carbs per serving, we can call this a low carb Ninja Foodi frittata. To make it keto, you need to substitute the corn in the frittata for your favorite non-starchy vegetables.
👨🏾🍳 Other Ninja Foodi Breakfast Recipes
Looking for more breakfast recipes for the Ninja Foodi? Try these:
You may also enjoy my entire collection of Ninja Foodi Recipes!
All recipes on this website may or may not be appropriate for you, depending on your medical needs and personal preferences. Consult with a registered dietitian or your physician if you need help determining the dietary pattern that may be best for you.
The nutrition information is an estimate provided as a courtesy. It will differ depending on the specific brands and ingredients that you use. Calorie information on food labels may be wildly inaccurate, so please don't sweat the numbers too much.
For more information on how the three recipe levels may help with a weight management goal, refer to my overnight oats no sugar post. Let's get cooking!
Ninja Foodi Frittata Recipe (Crustless Quiche)
- 6 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 red onion (about 9 ounces; 255 grams)
- 1 cup frozen roasted corn (I used Trader Joe's brand)
- 9½ ounces smoked cheese, shredded (269 grams)
- Cut the onion into quarters and then slice it thin. Shred the cheese.
- Melt the butter in a Ninja Foodi set on sauté. Add the onions and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Don't brown the onions, just soften them.
- Add in the frozen corn towards the end of the onion cooking time to thaw it out.
- Stir the eggs and cheese together in a medium bowl. Shut off the Foodi. Pour the egg and cheese mixture over the veggies, spreading it with the back of a spoon into an even layer. The mixture should reach the 3-4 cup mark inside the pot.
- Cook the frittata in the Ninja Foodi for 9-10 minutes on the “bake/roast” setting at 350°F (177°C). (Feel free to check on it after 6 minutes if you’re worried about overcooking it.) Use the ceramic-coated interior pot and the crisper lid.
- When the frittata is done, it should pull away from the sides of the pot. The middle of the cooked frittata should be solid.
- After cooling several minutes, you can carefully cut frittata slices and lift them out of the pot with a spatula. Do not try to remove the entire frittata from the pot at once unless it has been chilled. This frittata is best enjoyed warm.
- Optional topping: While the frittata bakes, you can brown 2 tablespoons of butter on the stove in a skillet. Cook 1 lb. peeled raw shrimp (454 grams) seasoned with 1 tablespoon Cajun spice in the browned butter. Use as an optional topping on the frittata.
- Oven directions: Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Spray a 9-inch (22.9 cm) glass pie plate with cooking spray. Slice the onion and shred the cheese. Soften the onion in butter on the stovetop in a skillet. Add corn to the hot pan towards the end of cooking to thaw. Mix the eggs, cheese, and cooked veggies together in a large bowl. Pour the mixture into the prepared pie pan. Spread the mixture out evenly with the back of a spoon. Bake the frittata on a rack ⅓ down from the top of the oven for 30 minutes. While it bakes, you can prepare the optional seafood topping as described above (if you wish).