Learn how to make fried eggs in air fryer! Make your air fryer eggs sunny side up, and enjoy a protein-packed start to your morning! You’ll love this quick air fryer breakfast that’s low carb, keto, gluten free, low calorie, and vegetarian. Learn how long to cook sunny side up eggs in an air fryer, air fryer temp, and more!
Air fryer fried eggs are my new favorite way to use the air fryer. They only take 3-5 minutes, and there’s no skillet to clean afterwards.
Air frying eggs is going to make your mornings easier. And you can make them however you like them best. Sunny side up eggs, over easy eggs, over hard eggs, scrambled eggs...
I’ve got tips on making all your favorite eggs in the air fryer in the FAQs below. But the simple air fryer fried egg might just be the best.
If you have mini pie pans, you can make perfectly round fried eggs like in the photos. They’re wonderful for egg breakfast sandwiches. The combo of runny egg yolk and toast is the best!
And if you don’t have mini pie tins, no worries. You can use a ramekin, or another small baking dish. Just make sure it’s oven safe and fits in your air fryer, and you’ll be all set.
I hope you get to try making fried egg in the air fryer soon. It’s a fun twist on a classic breakfast recipe.
- 📋 Calories, Net Carbs, Protein
- ⭐ Benefits of Making Fried Eggs in Air Fryer
- 🥘 Air Fryer Fried Eggs Ingredients
- 🔪 How to Make Air Fryer Fried Eggs
- ️⏲️ Air Fryer Time and Temperature
- ️🌡️ Leftovers
- 😋 Air Fryer Fried Egg Side Dishes
- 💭 Expert Tips from a Dietitian
- 👨🏾🍳 More Air Fryer Egg Recipes
- The Disclaimer…
- 📖 Recipe
- 💬 Comments
📋 Calories, Net Carbs, Protein
One Air Fryer Fried Egg has 70 calories, 0 grams net carbs, and 6 grams protein. Nutrition information is for one large egg, and varies a bit by egg size.
⭐ Benefits of Making Fried Eggs in Air Fryer
Why make a fried egg in the air fryer? Here are some reasons to try this air fryer recipe:
- Easy clean up: Eggs will sometimes stick even to non-stick skillets, leading to an annoying clean up. Air frying fried eggs is easier because there’s less of a chance of the eggs sticking.
- Protein: Large eggs have 6 grams of protein each. It’s a lot relative to the calories they provide. Egg whites are particularly protein-dense, but egg yolks contain most of the egg’s vitamins and minerals.
- Perfect first cooking project: If you have kids that are new to air frying and cooking eggs, this recipe is a great place to start. Using an air fryer tends to be less intimidating than using the stovetop. Additionally, this hands-off method of frying eggs ensures a greater chance of cooking success.
- Fast: If you have an air fryer, you can have fried eggs in only 3-5 minutes. You don’t need to heat a pan or preheat the air fryer first.
- Simple: Fried eggs are a simple whole food that are Paleo and Whole30 compliant. You’re getting a solid source of nutrition packed in its natural food matrix (what some call “clean eating” food).
- Delicious: Air fried eggs are a tasty entrée for family breakfast. All ages tend to think eggs are an excellent choice!
🥘 Air Fryer Fried Eggs Ingredients
What do you need to make air fried eggs? All you need are eggs and cooking spray. So easy!
Use a non-aerosol cooking oil spray. Some people report that aerosol cooking sprays damaged their air fryer. For oil type, I tend to use avocado oil spray, but olive oil, canola oil, or coconut oil also works.
The only pieces of kitchen equipment you need for this recipe are an air fryer and 5-inch diameter non-stick pie tins. With mini pie pans, there’s no need for foil, parchment paper, or something else to hold the eggs.
Most of my air fryer recipes were developed in a 10-Quart Kalorik Digital Air Fryer Oven.
The Ninja Foodi, Philips, Nuwave, Pampered Chef, Actifry, Instant Pot Vortex, Cosori, Breville, and other air fryers can cook eggs as well. However, keep in mind that cooking times can vary between air fryer brands.
Always keep a close eye on the food whenever you try a new recipe. That’s the best way to ensure you’ll have perfect results every time.
🔪 How to Make Air Fryer Fried Eggs
You can make one or two eggs at a time, depending on how many pans fit on one rack of the air fryer. Spray the pie tin(s) that you’ll be cooking the eggs in. Crack an egg in each pan (one per pan).
️⏲️ Air Fryer Time and Temperature
How long to cook fried eggs in the air fryer? What temperature to air fry fried eggs? Air fry eggs for 3-5 minutes at 375 degrees Fahrenheit (190C). If you have an air fryer oven, use the top rack position.
Make sure the egg white is firm and solid. Five minutes got me a fried egg with a nice runny egg yolk. Air fry your eggs longer for firm yolks.
I’m having you check the eggs after 3 minutes since some air fryers cook faster than others. After cooking, sprinkle with a little salt and pepper (if desired), and remove the egg from the pan with a spatula.
Fried eggs really don’t reheat or freeze well. Luckily, it’s easy to just make what you need!
😋 Air Fryer Fried Egg Side Dishes
What to serve with fried eggs? Try one of these easy air fryer recipes:
- Air Fryer Turkey Bacon
- Air Fryer Toast
- Sausage Patties in Air Fryer
- Frozen Diced Hash Browns in Air Fryer
- Frozen Burrito in Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Cinnamon Rolls
💭 Expert Tips from a Dietitian
This is a level 1 recipe (may help support fat loss). Eggs are one of my favorite breakfast options for weight watchers and general weight loss. They are a protein dense food that are only 70 calories each.
Common American weekday breakfasts (cereals, muffins, waffles, pastries, etc.) tend to be high in calories relative to their protein and volume. For a morning meal with staying power, eggs (plus fruits or veggies and maybe some dairy) are a great choice.
If you tend to be a light eater in the morning, two eggs with one cup of berries is only around 200 calories. It’s a healthy snack, rich in an assortment of beneficial nutrients. Make it more substantial meal by adding a glass of milk, toast, and a sausage patty or bacon.
Eggs provide 13 essential vitamins and minerals. This includes choline, selenium, riboflavin, phosphorus, vitamin B12, and vitamin A. Most of the nutrition in the eggs in found in the yolk, so don’t be afraid to enjoy whole eggs!
Note: If you’re in a group that's at higher risk of foodborne illness, I recommend cooking your egg yolks until firm. Simply air fry eggs longer until the yolk is no longer runny.
You can make your air fryer eggs over easy, over medium, or over hard! Simply air fry a fried egg as directed, carefully flip it with a spatula, and air fry a couple more minutes. Air fry longer for a solid yolk, or for less time to keep the yolk runny.
To make air fryer scrambled eggs, whisk the egg before air frying in a small oiled ramekin. About halfway through cooking time, whisk the eggs once more. You can use the air fryer time and temp in the recipe below as a starting point. Add time as needed until the eggs are done.
Did you know that you can make poached eggs in an air fryer? It’s true! Here are Fork to Spoon’s directions for air fryer poached eggs that you can try.
No, eggs shouldn’t explode in the air fryer if cooked properly. Since we’re making air fryer fried eggs, there’s no risk of exploding like there may be with hard boiled eggs.
👨🏾🍳 More Air Fryer Egg Recipes
Looking for more air fryer recipes for eggs? Here you go:
And while you’re here, don’t miss the entire collection of Air Fryer Recipes!
All recipes on this website may or may not be appropriate for you, depending on your medical needs and personal preferences. Consult with a registered dietitian or your physician if you need help determining the dietary pattern that may be best for you.
The nutrition information is an estimate provided as a courtesy. It will differ depending on the specific brands and ingredients that you use. Calorie information on food labels may be wildly inaccurate, so please don't sweat the numbers too much.
For more information on how the three recipe levels may help with a weight management goal, refer to my overnight oats no sugar post. Let's get cooking!
Fried Eggs in Air Fryer (Time and Temp)
- 2 large eggs
- cooking oil spray
- You can make one or two eggs at a time, depending on how many pans fit on one rack of your air fryer. Spray the pie tin(s) that you’ll be cooking the eggs in with cooking spray.
- Crack an egg in each pan (one per pan).
- Air fry eggs for 3-5 minutes at 375°F (190°C). If you have an air fryer oven, use the top rack position. Make sure the egg white is firm and solid. Five minutes got me a fried egg with a nice runny egg yolk. Air fry your eggs longer for firm yolks.