Are you looking for a sweet summertime drink to celebrate National Watermelon Month? If so, you need this refreshing banana watermelon smoothie recipe in your life! Watermelon and bananas are both very sweet fruits. They sweeten summer beverages very well with no refined sugar added! Your family will love this colorful layered drink to help cool off on hot summer days.
We’re on day 6 of Smoothie Madness Week! Here are the smoothie drinks we’ve featured so far:
- 1: Banana Mango Strawberry Smoothie
- 2: Keto Blueberry Smoothie
- 3: Apple Strawberry Smoothie
- 4: Keto Berry Smoothie
- 5: Peach Pineapple Smoothie
Now we have my husband’s favorite smoothie of all the smoothies I’m sharing. It’s got a great combination of sweet, creamy, and delicious going on. It’s also quite pleasing to the eye, IMVHO.
Seriously, among all the no added sugar smoothies here, he thinks this one is the BEST smoothie. Remember, we’ve been drinking A LOT of smoothies lately. This watermelon and banana smoothie is the one that came out on top.
Since banana and watermelon are both extremely sweet fruit, I added some kiwi and raspberries into the mix. Raspberries and kiwi are slightly tart and help the sweetness from becoming too overwhelming. After all, we don’t want to get too much of a good thing.
You could skip the frozen kiwi layer in this smoothie to simplify things. However, I’d encourage you to keep it because it adds a nice green layer that makes the drink resemble a watermelon. It’s really easy to do this extra step, as I demonstrated in the video below.
P.S. I’ve been having so much fun making these recipes videos. Seriously, I’ve been spending my evenings nerding out on video editing. I hope that you enjoy them!
And now for the disclaimer…
All recipes on this website may or may not be appropriate for you, depending on your medical needs and personal preferences. Consult with a registered dietitian or your physician if you need help determining the dietary pattern that may be best for you.
The nutrition information is an estimate provided as a courtesy. It will differ depending on the specific brands and ingredients that you use. Calorie information on food labels may be wildly inaccurate, so please don't sweat the numbers too much.
For more information on how the three recipe levels may help with a weight management goal, refer to this post. Let's get cooking!
Banana Watermelon Smoothie (No Added Sugar!)
- 5 medium kiwi, peeled, chopped, and frozen
- ½ fresh banana, chopped (overripe)
- ¼ cup milk, 2%
- 3 cups seedless watermelon, rind removed and chopped
- 1½ bananas, frozen in chunks (overripe)
- 6 tablespoons frozen raspberries
- Blend the frozen kiwi and the half of a fresh banana together in a blender or food processor. Add the milk while the processor is running. Keep blending until the mixture is smooth.
- Divide the kiwi mixture evenly between your serving glasses. Set the glasses aside in the freezer while you finish the rest of the recipe.
- Clean your blender or food processor and blend the watermelon, frozen banana, and frozen raspberries until smooth.
- Divide the banana watermelon mixture evenly between the glasses with the kiwi. Get ready to get refreshed!
This is a level 3 recipe (weight maintenance and active lifestyles). This recipe makes three servings that are 208 calories each. However, it’s easy to adjust the servings if you need to do so. Hover your cursor over the number of servings listed at the top of the recipe. You can move the slider up or down to make it however many servings you need! To lighten this recipe up, I’d swap the 2% milk for skim milk. You could also choose to skip the kiwi layer. The banana watermelon layer is delicious all by itself! Nutrition information is for one serving of the recipe.
Is there anything better than enjoying healthy and refreshing watermelon in the summer? My goodness, so good.
What are some of your favorite ways to enjoy watermelon for National Watermelon Month? Another favorite easy watermelon recipe of ours is the watermelon lime mint popsicles. We seriously cannot get enough!
If you give this watermelon banana smoothie a try, please don’t forget to come back and tell me about it! Your rating helps others to find my recipes in web searches. Why keep the deliciousness all to yourself?