Make Pizza Hut cookie dough that’s like the cookie dough recipe at UK Pizza Hut! This hot cookie dough Pizza Hut copycat is just what it sounds like- warm cookie dough, topped with ice cream! Learn how to make warm cookie dough safely from a registered dietitian, get info on how much is cookie dough at Pizza Hut, and more.
Who doesn’t love an ooey gooey cookie dough recipe? In the US, you can find the Pizza Hut chocolate chip cookie pizza. The UK takes things a step further, however, with a barely baked Pizza Hut cookie dough pie.
Would you like to try this delicious hot cookie recipe, complete with melty chocolate? Making a cooked cookie dough recipe the safe way is easier than you might think. I bet you’re going to wonder why you didn’t try making a Pizza Hut warm cookie dough recipe sooner!
Seriously, it’s so, so good.
- 🍪 Hot Cookie Dough Pizza Hut Ingredients
- ➕ Pizza Hut Cookie Dough Recipe
- ❤️ Is Pizza Hut cookie dough good?
- 🗒️ How many calories is a Pizza Hut cookie dough?
- 📏 What size is the Pizza Hut cookie?
- 🌡️ Can you reheat Pizza Hut cookie dough?
- 💸 How much is Pizza Hut cookie dough?
- 💭 Expert Tips from a Dietitian
- 👩🏻🍳 More Cookie Dough Recipes
- The Disclaimer…
- 📖 Recipe
- 💬 Comments
🍪 Hot Cookie Dough Pizza Hut Ingredients
Here are the Pizza Hut cookie dough ingredients (source):
- Wheat Flour (plain flour)
- Dark Chocolate
- Concentrated Butter
- Whey Powder
- Raising Agents
To replicate this, you could make a no egg cookie dough with light brown sugar, chocolate chunks, vanilla extract, and other favorite cookie ingredients. However, to prevent food poisoning, you also need to cook flour before eating, not just the egg. Some food scientists say that using home kitchen heated-treated flour may not be adequate (source).
Luckily, Pillsbury sells cookie dough that is safe to eat, and you can use it to make this hot cookie dough dessert. This chocolate chip cookie dough uses heat-treated flour and pasteurized eggs, so you can eat it straight from the package. There’s no need to dirty a large mixing bowl!
Check the brand of cookie dough you like to see if it is ready to eat. Tesco cookie dough is egg free (source), but I don’t think the flour has been heat treated.
Aside from ready-to-eat cookie dough and cooking spray, the only other thing you need for this hot cookie dough recipe Pizza Hut copycat is a cast-iron skillet. One that is 9 inches (22.9 cm) across the bottom should be perfect. If your skillet is a different size, this may impact the heating time.
Oh, and having some vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce for serving is never a bad idea.
➕ Pizza Hut Cookie Dough Recipe
Here are instructions for how to make a hot cookie dough recipe:
- Preheat the oven to 325F (163C). Oil a cast iron pan that measures 9 inches (23cm) across the bottom.
- Press 1½ lbs (24 oz or 680g) of Pillsbury ready to eat cookie dough into the bottom of the prepared cast iron skillet. (This is 1½ packages of cookie dough.) Don’t use cookie dough from scratch for this, as the eggs and flour are not cooked, and could make you sick.
- Bake your chocolate chip cookie Pizza Hut copycat for 18-20 minutes on an oven rack ⅓ down from the top of the oven. Remove it from the oven and let rest 2-5 minutes. Remember, it should just barely be heated, with a warm gooey center and firmer edges.
- This is best served warm with ice cream and chocolate sauce. You definitely need a spoon to eat it. Enjoy!
For a US-style fully baked Pizza Hut cookie pizza, Pillsbury recommends baking the skillet at 375F (190C) for 15-20 minutes until golden brown. For regular cookies cooked on a cookie sheet, bake at 350F (177C) for 12-14 minutes.
Baked Cookie Dough Recipe Variations
You can vary this recipe with different flavors of ready to eat cookie dough and different cookie toppings. Here are some topping ideas:
- Chocolate chips (white chocolate chips, milk chocolate chips, mini chocolate chips)
- Caramel sauce
- Marshmallow fluff
- Chopped nuts
- Peanut butter sauce
- Chopped peanut butter cups
- Chopped pieces of cookies (choc chip cookies, Oreos, etc.)
- Heath Bar toffee chips
❤️ Is Pizza Hut cookie dough good?
Yes, IMVHO Pizza Hut cookie dough is extremely tasty. If you like uncooked cookie dough, I think you will love warmed cookie dough even more! It’s got all the flavor of unbaked dough but it’s more gooey, and with warm melty chocolate.
🗒️ How many calories is a Pizza Hut cookie dough?
What are the Pizza Hut cookie dough calories? Here are the calories in Pizza Hut cookie dough (source):
- Hot Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough (UK) 651 calories per serving
- White Chocolate & Caramel Cookie Dough (UK) 631 calories per serving
- Sharing Cookie Dough (UK) 1262 calories (or more, depending on flavors chosen)
- Pizza Hut Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookie (US) 190 calories per serving, 1490 calories for the whole pan
- Pizza Hut Triple Chocolate Brownie (US) 230 calories per serving, 2100 calories for the whole pan
Information is correct at the time of writing, may vary by location, and is subject to change. One serving of my Pizza Hut hot cookie dough copycat recipe has 191 calories. (Find the complete nutrition information in the printable recipe card at the end of the post.)
How many calories are in a caramel cookie dough from Pizza Hut?
There are 631 calories in Pizza Hut caramel cookie dough with white chocolate.
How many calories in Pizza Hut white chocolate cookie dough?
There are 631 calories in Pizza Hut white chocolate cookie dough with caramel.
How much sugar is in a Pizza Hut cookie?
📏 What size is the Pizza Hut cookie?
The US Pizza Hut skillet cookie measures 8 inches (20 cm) across. (That’s a giant cookie!) The UK Pizza Hut cookie dough is served heaped on a plate, not in a neat bake sale like piece.
🌡️ Can you reheat Pizza Hut cookie dough?
Can you eat Pizza Hut cookie dough the next day? Yes, you can, as long as the leftovers were out at room temperature for no more than 2 hours. That said, it’s best if eaten right away.
This cookie dough copycat recipe can be put in a microwave safe bowl and reheated for 20-30 seconds on high. You can also eat it cold from the fridge. It firms up when chilled and slices like a soft cookie.
💸 How much is Pizza Hut cookie dough?
Here is a Pizza Hut cookie dough price listing. Prices are correct at the time of writing, are subject to change, and may vary by location.
- Hot Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough (UK) £6.79
- White Chocolate & Caramel Cookie Dough (UK) £6.89
- Sharing Cookie Dough (UK) £9.99
- Pizza Hut Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookie (US) $7.79 (AKA the Pizza Hut Ultimate Hershey Chocolate Chip Cookie)
- Pizza Hut Triple Chocolate Brownie (US) $7.79
You may also find Cadbury Caramel Cookie Dough, Cookies & Cream Cookie Dough, and Pizza Hut Triple Chocolate Cookie Dough at certain UK Pizza Hut locations. Some cookie dough flavors are seasonal or just offered for a limited time.
💭 Expert Tips from a Dietitian
This is a level 3 recipe (weight maintenance and active lifestyles). How unhealthy is cookie dough? Cookie dough is high in fat and refined carbs, without much protein and fiber to fill you up. It’s a comfort food treat that should not be a diet mainstay.
Typical cookie recipes are not gluten free, low carb, keto, or vegan friendly. Both this copycat recipe and the original Pizza Hut cookie dough are vegetarian friendly, however.
In both the US and UK, Pizza Hut sells cookies and brownies, but currently no brookies (cookie brownies).
No, there is no vegan Pizza Hut cookie dough (source). Though Pizza Hut cookie dough doesn't technically have eggs in it, Pizza Hut says there is a risk of cross contact with this allergen. All of the Pizza Hut cookie dough recipes have milk.
According to Pizza Hut UK, none of their food is halal certified (source). The main ingredient concern with the cookie doughs is that they contain flavorings which may (or may not) contain alcohol. Ask at your local Pizza Hut for the most current ingredient information on these products.
No, Pizza Hut cookie dough is not gluten free.
The two main food safety issues with cookie dough are uncooked eggs and flour. There are no eggs in the Pizza Hut cookie dough ingredients list. Ideally Pizza Hut is using heat treated flour, though they don’t specify in their allergen guide.
When did Pizza Hut cookie dough come to the UK? In this conversation on Twitter, Pizza Hut UK says that even they don’t know! I guess this one will remain a mystery...
Domino’s UK sells cookies with a gooey cookie center and crisp outside. Domino’s US has a marbled cookie brownie (brookie). Neither appears to sell warm cookie dough.
👩🏻🍳 More Cookie Dough Recipes
Here are some other recipes for cookie dough to bake and eat:
- Biscoff Butter Cookie Recipe
- Air Fryer Sugar Cookies
- Cookie Monster Cookies Recipe
- Kodiak Cake Cookies
- Air Fryer Peanut Butter Cookies
All recipes on this website may or may not be appropriate for you, depending on your medical needs and personal preferences. Consult with a registered dietitian or your physician if you need help determining the dietary pattern that may be best for you.
The nutrition information is an estimate provided as a courtesy. It will differ depending on the specific brands and ingredients that you use. Calorie information on food labels may be wildly inaccurate, so please don't sweat the numbers too much.
For more information on how the three recipe levels may help with a weight management goal, refer to my overnight oats no sugar post. Let's get cooking!
Pizza Hut Cookie Dough (Hot Cookie Dough Recipe)
- 680 grams chocolate chip cookie dough (MUST be ready to eat cookie dough)
- cooking oil spray
- Preheat the oven to 325°F (163°C). Oil a cast iron pan that measures 9 inches (23cm) across the bottom.
- Press 1½ lbs (24 oz or 680g) of ready to eat cookie dough into the bottom of the prepared cast iron skillet. (This is 1½ packages of cookie dough.) Don’t use cookie dough from scratch for this, as the eggs and flour are not cooked, and could make you sick.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes on an oven rack ⅓ down from the top of the oven. Remove it from the oven and let rest 2-5 minutes. Remember, it should just barely be heated, with a warm gooey center and firmer edges.
- Pizza Hut cookie dough is best served warm with ice cream and chocolate sauce. You definitely need a spoon to eat it. Enjoy!